Friday, August 1, 2008

Quick return motion mechanisms

Quick return mechanisms are used in machine tools such as shapers and power driven saws for the purpose of giving the reciprocating cutting tool a slow cutting stroke and a quick return stroke with a constant angular velocity of the driving crank. Some of the common types of quick return motion mechanisms are discussed below. The ratio of time required for the cutting stroke to the time required for the return stroke is called the time ratio and is greater than unity.



2 comments:

rufus@eyethinkinc.com said...

I am seeking a mechanism with a slow, steady (constant speed) advance motion and a sudden, lightning-like return (possibly spring-assisted).
Can anyone tell me what kind of cam or gearing I am looking for?

Rufus

Anonymous said...

I donno which cam are u looking for.. but i'm looking for a dslr.. canon 60D.. please let me know if anyone has.
#Machu